Here are some new postsecret lyrics I’ve been working on…
Back in April I went to see the Roy Lichtenstein exhibition on at the Tate Liverpool. Here are some photos from my day in Liverpool.
I like to create bags from everyday items. Here I have used two tea towels, some denim and a section of a pillow case.
The tea towels I used were bought as a pack of two. I kept them together using one for the outside and the other for the inside. The inside pocket was made using part of a grey pillow case. The denim was from a jacket.
I bought the denim dress from a supermarket. I bought the new york city t-shirt when I visited New York mid 2016 and wasn’t sure what to do with it, I knew I didn’t want to wear it! I created a tote bag using the dress, t-shirt and one other fabric. (photo of the bag to follow)
I bought this denim jacket from a supermarket and decided to create a bag out of it. I used the flowery fabric as the lining of the bag, which I added an inside pocket to. I used the bottom strip of the jacket as the strap. I sewed the front of the jacket down where the buttons are to create the front of the bag, and then put it all together (photo to follow).
The new heart designs are coming on well. I’ve got to the stage where I’m ready to sew around the edges of the fabric for each heart. I think these ones will be square-ish!!
My work/portfolio can also be viewed on my personal website: here
This is my portfolio on Behance
I wanted to come up with an alternative to the heart design I used on my second tote bag without searching images on Google. The idea being to create a heart cushion.
There are two typefaces in Illustrator that include a treble clef. I wanted to use a standard heart shape. I played about with the composition using the Pathfinder tool and shape mode: Minus front. This makes everything outside of the heart disappear and everything within the heart merge and become transparent.
I had the idea of maybe making a set of cushions rather than just one because I really liked the composition and the idea of having a treble clef on the left, right and in the middle seemed quite appealing.
I created three designs (ima. 3 in orange), there were little sections where I didn’t think were quite right so I changed them slightly (to the blue hearts). I liked the two hearts together in the outline so I put the three hearts together and did some experimenting with colour.
I suppose what is meant by a “wallpaper” is an image you could use as your desktop image. These images were also on the Google search. I’m not sure what I would do with them, but I quite like them as they are!